Friday, May 22, 2009

Dont Become Fat











Weight loss I want to loose weight???Throughout my experience with people, this is the question I hear most frequently. I see people on the scale all the time some before a workout some after and some before and after. I wonder to myself what it is that they are looking for? Is it the number that will make them satisfied? Or maybe the number that will keep them motivated? Is it all about numbers???When I ask them are you satisfied with the numbers? 90% of the time they answer me NO! And then it starts, I train 5 times a week, I don’t eat carbohydrates, I do the fat burning zone for 40 minutes and I still don’t see a difference Here are my tips for loosing or maintaining your weight:1. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. There is a great Chinese proverb:“Eat like an Emperor at breakfast, like a Prince at lunch, like a Poor man at night”2. Never over eat. Eat to be 75% full only3. Don’t cut out ALL carbs. Eat more complex carbs instead as this is a great energy source.4. Fibre helps the digestive system. You increase the risk of clotting your arteries with fat if you eat red meat without any fibre. So always eat it with some fibre.5. Eat your fruits and vegetables – you need the antioxidants and collagen to keep you toxin free and young. They contain your essential vitamins!6. Avoid refined foods7. Avoid frozen / pre-packaged meals8. Drink around 2L of water a day (this can be more if you are training). Avoid drinking cold or iced water9. Avoid drinking fruit juice with sugar added – this is no longer healthy!10. Fish is a great source of protein and contain healthy fats For your workout:
Avoid repetitive workouts – change your schedule frequently Short rest periods in between sets Warning: The “Fat Burning Zone” is a myth! Train on a high intensity level for the best results. Functional training is the best method to convert fat into energy for your workout! Training with someone to motivate you helps to attain your goals faster.

0 comments:

Post a Comment